2.23.2010

I've been working on a new template for sub-5'10" hulls that are a little more buttery through turns than the Arctail 2+1 in average surf.  I blended the 18.5" nose template from my longer hulls into the 21.5" width of my arctail template, bringing in the straighter outline into a round-tail template 1" wider than my tried and true TPH template.  The tail is a little narrower than the arctail, with a more of a rounded squash tail to give the board a more elliptical and smoother turn, which helps a lot in the reef and beachbreak surf where I live.  This board should bridge the gap between the Arctail 2+1 and the TPH...the TPHW.  5'4" to 5'10" only. Dims 18.5" x 21.5" x 16.5" x 2.75".

5 comments:

Vyusher La Kali said...

I really like to ride less-wide hulls. It feels even more engaged with the wave. I wonder how minimal can we get before it becomes a detriment.

erik said...

Does the board have a triplane bottom? Looks like a really fun hull. I'm want to try a shorter hull sub 6 foot.

m.caro said...

Yes, this is a tri-plane hull.

John said...

getting close to that elliptical I wanted years ago. keep one in the quiver for this summer.

unidentified said...

nice outline.
actually i think a 6'8" maybe nice.